Friday, August 05, 2005

Why Day Trips?

When I moved to New England (specifically West Hartford, CT) six years ago from Texas, I knew a few things.
  1. Connecticut is a small state.
  2. Rhode Island is an even smaller state.
  3. New England gets really cold during the winter.

Very soon after I arrived in New England, I met a wonderful man - E - who is a Connecticut native (and now my husband!) However, he hadn't traveled much, so he was more than willing to participate in my exploration of New England.

I was awed by how easily we could travel from one state to another ... in Texas you could travel for hours and still be in ... where else? Texas.

Over the past six years, E and I have become day trip aficionados. We both work full-time, so we cherish our time together on the weekend. Day trips allow us to have a mini-vacation on one of our weekend days. We've found it's easy to get out of town, explore a new part of New England and return home that same day with great memories and a good story to answer the eternal "What did you do this weekend?" question.

I've become the official New England trip expert around the office and am always asked for advice on where to go, so I figured it's best to start compiling the information.

Here's to a great day in New England!

2 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great info! Thanks! I look forward to going to Block Island and reading more about your day trips.

 
At 7/13/2009 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with you new England weather is very cold it is great information to as


_______________
victor
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15157126&postID=112332688139075420&page=1&isPopup=tru

 

Post a Comment

<< Home