Wednesday, August 24, 2005

This Weekend ... August 27 & 28

Well, wouldn't you know it ... I cover Block Island for my first review, and we decide to head there on Friday (a much-needed day off from work for E and me!) I'll make sure to do some research so we eat somewhere we haven't been before - that way I'll be able to provide a new dining review.

One place that looks interesting for a snack is the Blue Dory Tea Room and Block Island Cookie Company - known for its "Block Island Barnacle" cookies. According to the Boston Globe they are "rich, dense cookies with large chunks of chocolate, nuts, and an elusive streusel taste" ... sounds heavenly.

As for this weekend, E and I have separate plans. He's headed to the Boston Red Sox game on Saturday with some friends, and I'm off to a party at a friend's house. Sunday I have a baby shower to attend. So, we're celebrating our "weekend" a bit early on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home